Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our Disney Christmas

After driving all day to get to Disneyland, we were greeted by "Santa" across the street from the relatives we were staying with...The girls were so excited to see Santa in California. Well, I think they may have even been more excited about the candy cane from Santa...
The castle was SO beautiful. All lit up for Christmas...
Addyson enjoying the ride. 
$15 for the stroller was SO worth it! 
It's where we piled all our "stuff" when we went on rides. 
I think all the girls had a turn in it at one point. We cruised around Disneyland; our first ride of the day was Pirates of the Carribean (which Addyson did NOT like...she thought they were really shooting at her). The girls LOVED Thunder Mountain. I think we went on it about 4 or 5 times.
It's A Small World all lit up...
Not my favorite ride, and we almost skipped it, 
but I'm glad we went just for the girls. It actually wasn't as boring as I remember. 
It was exciting to just watch the girls enjoy it. 
And we actually ended up going through it twice because Addyson was asleep the first day. 
We picked a great time to go to Disneyland. 
Captain EO was there, and the longest we had to wait for a ride was about 30 minutes.

Enjoying a small part of the parade. 
We were too busy going on rides to stand and watch for too long...

Space Mountain. I look like I was crying, lol...We went on this a few times. 
It was one of the only rides that Addyson DIDN'T go on...Brynley is actually sitting next to me, but her head is down. She got scared. And Brooklyn is sitting next to Ric. She LOVED it and went again with all of us. Brynley decided to wait with grandma and Addyson.
Uncle Dane; my mom; Aunt Shaina, Me Brynley, Ric, 
and Brooklyn and Addyson in front...asleep in the stroller...
The first day was beautiful. Perfect jacket weather. 
The sun came out for a few hours and warmed us up...
We stayed until closing. We were all exhausted and slept like rocks that night.
Crowning our car with Minnie Mouse Ears...Pink with silver glitter. 
VERY appropriate.
The 2nd day of Disney and California Adventure was not so sunny. We all purchased some cheap raincoats and bundled up. It rained ALL day. But we still had lots of fun...
The girls loved meeting the characters...
Notice all our lovely raincoats.
Tinkerbell's Garden

Doing the elf pose...
We ventured over to California Adventure the 2nd day and quickly found a warm place to go. They had hot chocolate; snacks; games with Goofy and conversations with elfs.


This was a cool place. They taught you how to draw different characters. The girls seemed to love it, but didn't think their drawings turned out so well when compared to the artist.
Another round of Space Mountain...
Uncle Dane after our 2nd day at Disney...
Wet and exhuasted, but happy!
Everyone's shoes were soaked through and all of our pants were wet from the knees down. Addyson fell asleep and couldn't stop shivering. It was so nice to get home into a warm house and bed. And we are so thankful for our relatives for welcoming us into their home. Addyson couldn't get enough of their dog, Abby. It's all she talked about. Even at Disneyland. 
Our Christmas was very memorable this year...I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Hooray!! I've been waiting to see this! I didn't know you went a second day! How fun!

Amberlyn said...

We freaking LOVE Disneyland. It looks magical during Christmas!

You are going on an Adventure! Wow, Canada. Can't wait to see photos.