Saturday, August 02, 2008

Uintah's...isn't Utah Beautiful?

A few weeks ago we left for the day and drove up to the Uintahs. It is such a breath of fresh air. We packed a lunch and stopped at Lost Creek Campground. Brynley had a life-threatening encounter with some kind of large beatle that landed on her shirt (it actually WAS pretty big) and we were all getting eaten by mosquitos for some reason while we were eating our lunch,so we didn't stay at the campground long...we ended up driving to the Upper Provo River Falls and spent the rest of the afternoon there. I can't believe we haven't been up there more often. Addyson wasn't sure about the cold water...either that or she didn't like the feel of the sand going through her toes. She just sat on a rock the whole time and seemed pretty content wading her feet in the water. We're hoping that we can spend more than the afternoon next time we go...



5 comments:

Shilo said...

Cute pictures! It is beautiful there!! You are so lucky that Addyson still takes her pacifer...I can't figure out how to get Kindred to sleep unless she's crying...cries when we hold her - no matter how...cries if we put her in her crib...cries if we try to lay be her on our bed...you get the picture!! Any ideas, pass them my way...I am in dire need!! Hope you are getting settled!!!

BS said...

We were just there for the first time last weekend and got pictures in the exact same spots, how funny. Those giant beetles (with the long antennaes) are bark beetles (the reason so many of the cedars are dying and turning orange). We also got eaten alive by the mosquitoes but thought it was so beautfiful!!

Misty said...

I definitely love Utah scenery. Cute blog!

Angie said...

Interesting about the bark beetles....I was wondering why there were so many dying trees...thanks for filling me in :) And not sure why there were so many mosquitoes at lunchtime...I never remember them that bad...must have been the long winter...I blame most things on that. lol...

Danielle Christiansen said...

o.k So youlook exactly the same. That is so not fair!