Monday, July 24, 2006

Brooklyn is trying to fly!

We went to the park a few days ago with a playgroup and had lunch. Brynley and Brooklyn were over playing on the slides and swings while I tried to get in a conversation in with the other moms, and maybe even eat lunch while giving Addyson a bottle. I try to never let the girls get out of my sight, and kept looking over frequently to make sure everyone was doing okay and not walking in front of the swings or pushing some little kid down the slide or something...Well, one of the times I looked over, I couldn't find Brooklyn anywhere. I thought she might be inside one of the slides and kept looking. I asked the girl sitting next to me if she saw Brooklyn and we couldn't see her anywhere...I turned to put Addyson's bottle down and get up off the picnic table, when I heard Brooklyn's cries. They didn't sound fake and I knew that she had gotten hurt. She had somehow crawled to the top of the tube slide like the bigger kids do sometimes, and had off slipped about 6-8 feet to the sand...She had sand all over in her mouth and on her forehead. One of the other moms in the ward had picked her up and I hurried over to get her. The first thing she wanted was a drink to get the sand out of her mouth. As I went to set her down, she wouldn't stand on her left leg. She said it hurt and wanted me to hold her... She's usually a pretty tough little girl, so it kind of made me worry that she wouldn't stand. I called the nurse when we got home and explained what had happened. She said that we should bring her in if she wasn't walking on it. I let Brooklyn get a nap in to see if that would make it any better, but all she wanted to do was lay on the couch. When she went to sit up, she would cringe and cry a little bit because it hurt. When we saw the doctor later that day, Brooklyn was able to walk around, but she was limping on her leg...The doctor couldn't really figure out what was wrong and thought maybe it was a sprain or pulled muscle. She sent us home and told us just to watch her and maybe give her some pain medication. If it doesn't improve over the next few days, the doctor wants to see her again...Well, it's been a few days, and Brooklyn is still limping really weird, but doesn't complain about it hurting. I think we will take her back in tomorrow if there isn't any improvement. It almost seems like one leg is longer than the other or that something is out of place or something. I really hope that it gets better...I can't imagine what it could be...I don't think that this will be the end of Brooklyn flying off the slides...

No comments: